Monday, November 22, 2010

Pico Presentation

Calvin
On November 18, 2010, I gave a little presentation to my class at school about how the cereal boxes become beads. When I first started speaking, I was kinda nervous, but once I got going, I was less nervous. I talked about how the Haitian woman (and some men) take the cereal boxes, cut them into little strips, wrap them into little beads, Mod Podge 'em, string 'em onto  string, and sell 'em

At the moment,the school collection thing-a-mabober is at a standstill*, that is 'cause my teacher is asking the principal if we can collect from the WHOLE 6th grade. The reaction to the necklace I brought into class brought many "ooohhhh"s, "aaaahhh"s, and(from the boys) " Dude, that's tight man!!!"

*as of the 22nd of November, 2010

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could make cereal boxes into pretty necklaces! I will have my daddy send you all his cereal boxes. He likes cereal a lot so you'll have lots. Love, Cousin Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Calvin! I couldn't imagine how cereal boxes and beads had anything to do with each other but you explained it very well. We will save our boxes up here in WA state and send them your way.

    Good luck!
    Kara Cecil

    PS we are having a snow day today! no school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Calvin! This is the coolest! I can't wait to show Titus how you guys are bringing hope to the people of Haiti and giving Santa Clarita the opportunity to help and bring hope too. So proud of you Calvin! Keep workin' hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work guys!! We will start saving our boxes for you guys too!!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAL & RYAN--What a terrific project for helping in Haiti...couldn't be prouder of your efforts and your willingess to step out in making a difference. Papa Jim

    ReplyDelete